Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar stated that environmental permits have been issued for different tourism projects as a part of Niti Aayog’s scheme in the three islands, while maintaining the natural beauty and security of Lakshadweep,
Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar recently inaugurated Lakshadweep Forest Department’s headquarters, Atal Paryavaran Bhavan. The Union Minister was on a four-day visit to the Union Territory from February 19-22, 2021.
The Minister added that environmental permits have been issued for different tourism projects as a part of Niti Aayog’s scheme in the three islands, while maintaining the natural beauty and security of Lakshadweep,
• The tourism projects are expected to ensure more growth and create more employment opportunities in the island.
• The Union Minister assured that the comprehensive development of the country will be realised by ensuring nature’s security as desired by the people.
• He added saying that Lakshadweep will undergo a comprehensive development, without compromising its commitment to nature.
• The Union Minister attended high-level meetings with Secretaries of various departments in Lakshadweep administration.
• He also took part in various official programmes at Suheli, Kadmat and Bangaram islands.
• He also evaluated the key innovative initiatives of the Forest and Environment Department of the Union Territory that aim to ensure that Lakshadweep undergoes complete growth, without compromising its dedication to nature.
Lakshadweep is a group of islands, located 200 to 440 km off the southwestern coast of India. Its capital is Kavaratti. The region is administered as a union territory and a district of India. It falls under the jurisdiction of the Kerala High Court.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप